4th GENERATION STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS (2014‐2018)
The complete document is available at 4th GEN STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS August 2014.pdf.
- Advocate for the role of all hazards infrastructure protection and emergency management in a resilient transportation system.
- Assist in shaping and implementing national policy, legislation, funding, and regulatory development affecting transportation infrastructure protection and emergency management issues.
- Investigate, develop, and report on recent advances in infrastructure protection, security, and emergency management issues in urban and statewide environments, including consideration of their social and economic impacts.
- Advance the state-of-the-practice and awareness of transportation infrastructure protection and emergency management through training, technical assistance, and technology transfer activities.
- Develop, promote and encourage effective working relationships among state transportation officials and other stakeholders responsible for various aspects of transportation infrastructure protection, emergency management and system operations.
- Develop and promote a research and implementation plan for transportation infrastructure protection, security, and emergency management.